About the Course
You will have the opportunity to create and design THREE BESPOKE cakes with Paul there every step of the way to both help and challenge you.
What you will learn:
- How to design 3 bespoke carved cakes
- How to work out the internal structure
- How to make the structures food safe
- How to use power tools in a safe environment
- How to ganache and cover difficult designs
- Sculpting your designs using a range of techniques
- Airbrushing, painting, glazing, texturing
- How to finish the cake for maximum effect
- How to price the final cake designs for your marketplace
Who will find this course useful?
- Anyone who struggles to design their own sculpted cake designs rather than just copy from another designer
- Those needing guidance on the use of power tools
- How to get your head around internal structures
- Anyone looking to make lifelong friends in a fun and friendly group
- Anyone looking to have a cake holiday while their partner chills by the pool or goes for a game of golf
- Anyone looking to extract as much information from Paul Bradford as they can in one week!
What to bring
All tools, materials, lunch and refreshments are provided. You just need to turn up!
- Paul Bradford
Strathardle Lodge is based in the village of Kirkmichael, Perthshire.
It is just 20 mins from Pitlochry, which is served by the main London to Inverness train line, with regular services from both Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Kirkmichael is a tranquil escape, which has a huge heritage and history on the door step. Balmoral, Glenshee ski resort and whisky tours are all within easy reach. Located on the Cateran Trail, it is at the centre of many picture postcard paths and cycling routes.
Strathardle Lodge has 9 en-suite guest rooms providing bed and breakfast. Alternatively there are a number of accommodation options close by.
You can check out all the Rooms & Suites at STRATHARDLE LODGE.
Accommodation has been reserved for attendees so you need to book directly via firstname.lastname@example.org.
David will be in touch once your course booking has been confirmed with your choice of accommodation.
Lunch will be provided as part of the course. We will be in touch a week before the course starts to ask if there are any special dietary considerations.
The Kirkmichael hotel is just a 500m walk into the village, where an extensive menu is served. If you don’t fancy going out, then the former public bar at Starthardle Lodge has a selection of snacks and microwave meals from our honesty bar area.
Its a great place to unwind in front of the open fire and relax into the night.
For Paul’s online tutorials go to: www.cakeflix.com